Drupal 8 Basics
Are you a decision maker looking at Drupal as a potential solution? Has your team just made the decision to start using Drupal? Have you been asked to take over an existing Drupal site? Are you interested in learning how Drupal 8 will make building Drupal sites easier?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then Drupal Basics is the perfect starting point for you. This training session will introduce you to the basics of the Drupal Content Management System (CMS) in the context of how Drupal can help solve challenges often faced by teams.
Topics covered will include:
- the benefits of using Drupal
- Drupal specific pitfalls that you need to understand
- considerations when making choices in how to build your Drupal sites
- discovery versus building the site
- structured content and why this is important as one of the first steps
- entities that allow you to store content with user defined fields
- content displayed in multiple ways across multiple pages in your website
- reusable images that allow for different sizing and effects
- views that allow you to easily display content on your Drupal site
- responsiveness, accessibility, security, maintainability
This is hands-on training so be sure to bring a laptop. You will leave the session with a Drupal 8 site that you have built and can continue to use to further your Drupal understanding.