Drupal administration for regular humans
Over 10 years of training countless non-technical people to manage sites using Drupal—everyone from interns to executive directors we started to notice some patterns in what regular people find intuitive (or not). We’ve also been called into to “rescue” website whose only flaw was a confusing user experience for administrators.
If you’re building sites that non-technical users will need to maintain (and isn’t that the kind of the point of a CMS?) then this session is for you if you want those users to come away appreciating you and loving Drupal. We’ll discuss ways to provide an intuitive user experience to the users who will benefit the most the site administrators.
Topics we’ll discuss include:
- Making thoughtful decisions about which roles get which permissions.
- Providing the right level of layout and content flexibility while preventing users from messing up their site.
- Which modules and tools tend to confuse people, and what to do about it.
- Intuitive media management.
- Conducting quick admin-side user testing.
- A few ways to automate or speed up tedious, repetitive functions.