Building a Webform is easy in Drupal 8; making a truly webform accessible is not. The Webform module for Drupal 8 provides all the features expected from an enterprise proprietary form builder combined with the flexibility and openness of Drupal. Besides the fact that Drupal is Open Source, we are a diverse and inclusive community. As an inclusive community, we are committed to making sure that Drupal is an accessible tool for building websites, which can be accessed by people with disabilities.
In this session we will introduce the Webform module, review accessibility guidelines and recommendations, experiment with using tools to evaluate and recognize accessibility issues, and explore how we can build accessible forms.
Topics will include
Introduction to the Webform module
- An overview of how to build webforms
- Defining what is any accessible webform
- Explain why accessibility is important
- Demo how screen readers work
- Explore the tools available to testing form accessibility
- Providing immediate tips on improving form accessibility
Questions that will be answered include
- What is accessibility?
- Who needs accessibility?
- Why care about accessibility?
- When should you care about accessibility?
- How can you fix accessibility?
- Where can you learn more about accessibility?